by TIP News
Indonesia, September, 2023 – The Telecom Infra Project Open Network (TIP-ON) Event 2023, held in Jakarta, Indonesia from September 5th to 7th, witnessed an unprecedented gathering of regulators, CPS leaders, vendors, system integrators, industry associations and academic institutions. The regional TIP event marked a pivotal moment in the evolution of the telecommunications industry and served as a platform for ground-breaking collaborations and initiatives.
The broad objectives of the TIP ON Events 2023 are based on a strategic vision for open and disaggregated technological advancement and its profound impact on the telecommunication industry. These objectives are classified into three categories:
- Promoting Open and Disaggregated Technology Advancements in the Telecommunication Industry: In recognition of the impact of open and disaggregated technology on industry and society, TIP ON Events 2023 serves as a platform to celebrate, explain and catalyze these advances. The event showcases the latest breakthroughs, explores emerging trends, and critically examines the transformative potential of open and disaggregated technology adoption in the telecommunications industry.
- Fostering Strategic Partnerships: Acknowledging the potency of collaboration, the event seeks to foster strategic partnerships. This creates a unique ecosystem in which stakeholders can identify synergies, form alliances, and chart a course for mutually beneficial collaboration.
- Facilitating Knowledge Exchange: The essence of TIP ON Events 2023 is the exchange of experience and knowledge. It is an incubator of ideas, a forum for discourse, and the dissemination of insights among diverse stakeholders, including CSPs, industry leaders, policy makers, and academics.
The event was graced by the presence of distinguished guests, including:
- Director General of SDPPI – Indonesian Ministry of ICT, Mr. Ismail M.T
- Telkom University Rector, Prof. Adiwijaya
- Telecom Infra Project Executive Director, Kristian Toivo
- S. Ambassador Representative, Melissa A. Marszalek – US Commercial Attaché
- Director of USTDA, Enoh T. Ebong
- Head of Asia Pacific GSMA, Julian Gorman
- Chief of Party of USAID Beacon’s Project, John Garrity
- Representatives from the Indonesian Ministry of ICT and Ministry of Industry
- Representatives from Telkom Group, Telkomsel, Indosat Ooredoo Hutchison and XL Axiata
- Representatives from industry alliances: Association of Indonesian Telecommunications Providers (ATSI) , Indonesian Internet Service Providers Association (APJII), and Indonesia Telematics Society (MASTEL)
Their participation underscored the significance of TIP-ON and the importance of collaboration in advancing the telecom sector in Indonesia
The recording for the ceremony event in Jakarta is available from the link below:
The main themes discussed at the event were:
- Policy engagement to accelerate the adoption of the OpenRAN technology
- Use cases of the open and disaggregated solution in telecommunication
- Interoperability, Testing and Commercialization
- Automation in the telecommunication industry
- Capacity building and talent development
- Announcement of TIP-Telkom University with USTDA Partnership for the OpenRAN Feasibility Study in Indonesia: This strategic partnership aims to investigate the feasibility of implementing OpenRAN in Indonesia and to create pathways for advancement in the telecom sector by encouraging knowledge exchange and technical expertise.
- Launch of TIP Telkom University with Mitratel Partnership for the RAN sharing project using OpenRAN solution: a commitment to ushering in cutting-edge telecom solutions and driving progress in network infrastructure sharing model using the OpenRAN Solution.
- Partners Appreciation Award: The event provided an opportunity to express gratitude and recognise the invaluable contributions of valued partners. Their unwavering support and collaborative spirit have helped to pave the way for innovation and connectivity.
Exhibition of Open Networks, Panel Sessions, and Training/Workshops: TIP-ON 2023 featured an exciting Open Network Exhibition, giving attendees hands-on access to the open and disaggregated telecom innovations. Panel sessions brought together industry thought leaders for stimulating discussions, while training/workshops provided participants with the knowledge needed to drive progress in the telecom industry.
Panel Discussion 1 – RAN Sharing – Bridging the Digital Divide
Panel Discussion 2 – Building Collaborative Open Network Ecosystem
Panel Discussion 3 – 5G and AI: Autonomous Network for the Future of Telecom
Panel Discussion 4 – Unlocking Potential: Indonesia’s Initiative Transforming Industry
Panel Discussion 5 – Innovation Strategy for Future Connectivity Use Case
The Telecom Infra Project Open Network (TIP-ON) is a regional event hold by Telecom Infra Project (TIP) and Telkom University which focused on advancing and accelerating open and disaggregated telecommunications infrastructure and technology innovation. TIP-ON brings together industry leaders, government agencies, and innovators to drive collaboration and create a more connected world.
For more information about TIP-ON and updates on future initiatives, please visit: http://www.tiponevents.com