by TIP News
From the 9th to 11th October 2023, the Telecom Infra Project held its flagship industry event, Fyuz, at the IFEMA Palacio Municipal in Madrid, Spain.
As the only event to cover all aspects of open and disaggregated network technologies, Fyuz attracts C-Level executives, visionary speakers, innovators and disruptors all focused on the future of connectivity; how it can take root, grow and flourish.
Fyuz 2023 welcomed over 1200 attendees from 47 countries representing mobile operators and other service providers, vendors, systems integrators, regulators, investors, consultants, analysts, business and trade media with over 55% of attendees holding senior positions (Director and above). Approximately one quarter of all attendees were from mobile operators.
Kristian Toivo, Executive Director of TIP said: “After the positive feedback and award recognition we received for Fyuz last year, there was a great desire to make this year’s event even better. We’re incredibly pleased by how engaged our delegates have been in the agenda, and the quality and depth of discussions that have taken place in Madrid this week across the sessions. We believe in having open conversations about the progress of open and disaggregated networks, and we’re grateful to our community for making Fyuz the event to do that.”
The Fyuz exhibition featured 45 exhibitors and sponsors supporting an agenda including over 50 hours of content, made up of presentations, panels and breakout sessions covering all aspects of open and disaggregated network technology from wireless, fixed and satellite communications and from access to transport and the core.
Key speakers from the summits included representatives from American Tower, Arm, AT&T, AWS, BT, Comcast, DISH Wireless, Dell, Deutsche Telekom, DSIT, Ericsson, Google, Intel, Mavenir, Meta, Microsoft, MTN, Nokia, NTIA, NTT DOCOMO, Nvidia, Oracle, Orange, Qualcomm, Samsung, Telefónica, Telia Company, USDTA, VMware, and Vodafone among others.
Fyuz23 was also the launchpad for a number of significant announcements from the TIP community, including:
- Fyuz takes root with the second edition of the industry’s only open and disaggregated event
- OpenLAN – How we became the world’s most open and beloved disaggregated technology
- Unlocking Progress: OOPT Project Group’s Impact on Optical Transport Transformation
- Innovating Together: OpenRAN Project Group Progress and Future Horizons – Solution Subgroups
- Innovating Together: OpenRAN Project Group Progress and Future Horizons – Component Subgroups
- TIP Demonstrates “Bring Your Own Number” Capabilities ror XR, Brings API to Camara for Industry Adoption
- Telecom Infra Project Open Network (TIP-ON) Event 2023
Sessions are available to watch on demand for attendees from the 23rd October 2023, and will be universally available on the Telecom Infra Project YouTube channel from the 9th November.
Focus on the importance of enabling policy environments
Fyuz hosted policy makers from around the world and facilitated a number of multilateral meetings/roundtables between industry stakeholders and various government agencies. These platforms facilitated candid conversations about the challenges and opportunities in Open RAN and highlighted TIP’s role in bringing industry together to accelerate commercial deployments at scale.
FYUZ 2023 by the numbers
- Over 1200 people attended in person
- Representation from 47 countries
- 55% of attendees were senior level (Director and above)
- 45 exhibiting and sponsoring companies
- Over 250 conference and partner program speakers
- Over 20% of conference speakers were female
- Over 50 hours of event content
Make sure to register your interest to receive updates about Fyuz24 and contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved!