by TIP News
TIP and OCP expand collaboration, announce first joint contributions from Edgecore Networks
Today, at the OCP Regional Summit 2019 in Amsterdam, OCP CTO Bill Carter shared details of the growing collaboration between the Telecom Infra Project (TIP) and the Open Compute Project (OCP). OCP and TIP are defining a path for solutions developed within their communities to be made readily available across both organizations. With core values of efficiency, scalability and disaggregation, the OCP and TIP communities are ideal partners:
- TIP brings an active operator community combined with capabilities for developing new technologies, powered by its Project Groups, Community Labs and operator-led lab and field trials.
- OCP brings expertise in defining and creating open hardware platforms deployed globally at scale, with a vast community and a long list of open source solutions showcased on OCP’s Marketplace.
Ultimately, with a broader range of companies collaborating across the two organizations to bring products forward, network operators will have more choice and flexibility.
Edgecore makes first joint contributions to TIP and OCP
We are establishing a pathway for companies to jointly offer technologies across both the TIP and OCP communities.
At TIP we consider collaboration an essential element of our industry’s ability to respond to growing demand for innovation at scale. We are excited to see the TIP & OCP communities come together to build the next generation of efficient, flexible, and scalable network technologies. With this collaborative approach, the use of open hardware across the industry will continue to grow by leveraging both communities and bring a stronger set of solutions to market.
We anticipate this collaboration growing in the upcoming months and will share updates at TIP Summit and the Global OCP Summit, showcasing a growing set of technologies and products.
The Open Compute Project (OCP) is a collaborative community focused on redesigning hardware technology to efficiently support the growing demands on compute infrastructure. OCP’s mission is “to design, use, and enable mainstream delivery of the most efficient designs for scalable computing.”
The Telecom Infra Project (TIP) is a collaborative telecom community. Launched in February 2016, TIP was started with the goal of accelerating the pace of innovation in the telecom industry.
Edgecore Networks Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary of Accton Technology Corporation, the leading network ODM. Edgecore Networks delivers wired and wireless networking products and solutions through channel partners and system integrators worldwide for Data Center, Service Provider, Enterprise and SMB customers. Edgecore Networks is the leader in open networking, providing a full line of open 1G-400G Ethernet OCP Accepted™ switches, core routers, cell site gateways, virtual PON OLTs, packet transponders, and Wi-Fi access points that offer choice of commercial and open source NOS and SDN software.
- Learn more about the Open Compute Project here: https://www.opencompute.org
- Register to attend the OCP Regional Summit here: https://www.opencompute.org/summit/regional-summit
- Learn more about the Telecom Infra Project: https://www.telecominfraproject.com/
- Register to attend TIP Summit ’19 here: https://summit.telecominfraproject.com