The goal of the
Open Box Microwave
Project Group is to define and build the next generation of modular wireless backhaul systems for 3G/4G and upcoming 5G networks.
As part of this goal, Open Box Microwave will work toward providing improvements to overall system performance with reliability and proactive capacity adjustments. The Open Box Microwave solution would address ease of site configuration and turn up by reducing configuration overlap.
- Field upgradable modular frequency agile backhaul hardware, two to four channel system.
- White box approach to support interoperability, allowing TIP Project Group-specified hardware from different sources to work with software from different sources
- Wireless backhaul system processing at the system level, instead of the individual link level.
- Router (Optical-DCSG) and wireless backhaul (Open Box Microwave) combined under one platform to create a unified transport solution
- Architecture and design requirements for Multi Core dual band one box radio hardware with the recommendations of supported software specifications.
- Validity of use case for two to four channel requirements using two different frequency bands from TCO and business perspective.
- Inter-opt between hardware and software coming from different sources.
- Specification of Unified Transport box to combine microwave and router functionality to meet seamless transmission based on wireless conditions and traffic requirements.
Want to learn more?
If you are interested in learning more about the Open Box Microwave project group or have a project you’d like to propose to the group, please fill out the contact form below and we will contact you to discuss next steps.