Cookies and similar technologies
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on a computer or other device and is used to identify the user or device and to collect information. Cookies are typically assigned to one of four categories, depending on their function and intended purpose: strictly necessary cookies, performance cookies, functional cookies, and cookies for marketing purposes.
Types of cookies and why we use them
- Strictly necessary cookies. The strictly necessary cookies allow you to navigate our site, login, display the correct content for the device you are using, and verify your details when you request TIP materials.
tips.sid session _gcl_au
To opt out of these cookies you will need to change the settings on your browser by selecting your cookie preferences. If you choose to block these cookies our website may not work as it should and any preferences you have may be lost.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies are used to track visits to our site and help us measure traffic sources to improve performance. All information collected is anonymized. If you disable these cookies the site should function correctly, we simply won’t know that you visited the site.
- Google Analytics These are performance cookies used to track visits to our website and movement around the site. The data which is collected is anonymous and is used for benchmarking purposes to monitor the performance of our site and to measure user engagement. We share the anonymized Google Analytics data with selected third parties to assist us in understanding the effectiveness of our website and our marketing efforts.
ANID 1P_JAR NID _ga _gid __Secure-3PSID SID __Secure-3PSIDCC SIDCC __Secure-3PAPISID SSID SAPISID HSID APISID 1P_JAR OTZ
_hjTLDTest _hjAbsoluteSessionInProgress _hjid _hjSessionResumed _hjIncludedInPageviewSample
- Functionality cookies. These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your username or ID, language preference, or the area or region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for, such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized, and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting and advertising cookies. These cookies are set through our advertising partners and are used to help present you with relevant advertising. No personal information is collected, they instead rely on the cookies to identify your internet device and browser details. By disabling these cookies, you will not receive less advertising, just that the advertising you receive will be less targeted to your preferences.
fr lang UserMatchHistory lidc lissc bcookie li_sugr U lang JSESSIONID PLAY_SESSION PLAY_LANG
We primarily use information from cookies for the following purposes
|To register you in programs and to recognize your website preferences.
|Customize or personalize your experience of the site; for example, so that we can greet you on the site by name.
All cookies are essential and do not expire.
Other tracking technologies
- Web beacons: Our web pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons (also called single-pixel gifs and transparent graphic images) that we use to help deliver cookies on our sites, count users who have visited those sites, deliver services, and analyze the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, for example. We may also include web beacons in our marketing email messages or newsletters to determine whether an email is opened or if links are clicked.
- Web server & application logs: Our servers automatically collect certain information to help us administer and protect our services, analyze usage, and improve users’ experience. We may link this information to other data which we collect about you for these and other purposes. The information collected includes:
- IP address and browser type
- Device information including Unique Device Identifier (UDID), MAC address,
- Identifier For Advertisers (IFA), and similar identifiers we or others may assign
- Device operating system and other technical facts
- The city, state, and country from which a user accesses your website
- Pages visited and content viewed, stored, and purchased
- Information or text entered
- Links and buttons clicked
- URLs visited before and after visit
You can manage website cookies in your browser settings, and you always have the choice to change these settings by accepting, rejecting, or deleting cookies. If you choose to change your settings, you may find that certain functions and features will not work as intended. All browser settings are slightly different, so to manage cookies, you should refer to the relevant settings within your browser.
We understand that you may want to know more about cookies. Here are some useful resources that provide detailed information about types of cookies, how they are used, and how you can manage your cookie preferences: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Third party cookies
How to contact us
If you have any questions about this policy or the cookies we use, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.